How to turn a spreadsheet into a web page?

royfarnol
StarLounger

How to turn a spreadsheet into a web page?

Post by royfarnol »

I found one application online that claimed to do this but it turned out that the spreadsheet was too big for that application to handle. It is indeed a very big spreadsheet.

Can anyone suggest another please?

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: How to turn a spreadsheet into a web page?

Post by viking33 »

How big is big?
Excel?
Check this site to convert Excel to web format.
EXCEL CONVERTER
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

royfarnol
StarLounger

Post by royfarnol »

Thanks Viking33 but the application you nominated is the one I have tried. I took advantage of their "free sample offer" and they had to admit failure because the data was too much to handle. Why there is a limit tt size is presumably just because of they way they have written the program?

The spreadsheet covers the data of a high number of people in a DNA project in which I participate. (oddly enough my particular group is Viking too). It is pretty big with over a hundred columns of data and several hundred rows of participants.

If anyone has any more ideas please let me know.

Thanks Roy.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Roy,

Do you have any controls and interactive elements on the spreadsheet that you want to retain on the published webpage?

If not, iow - if you just want a copy of your spreadsheet in *.html format to upload to a webpage, then you can of course use the Save As feature in Excel and save as a web page.

Unfortunately Excel has removed the option to save with interactivity after the Excel 2003 version; assuming that everyone will have SharePoint and publish their spreadsheets to SharePoint using the necessary Web Components. :groan:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

royfarnol
StarLounger

Post by royfarnol »

Thanks yet again to you Rudi. The spreadsheet, with has no interactivity controls, saved as "Firefox HTML document (.htm)" which should suit admirably. The next stage is also new to me and looks highly complex so I may be back for help.

Much obliged, Roy.