Windows Monthly Updates

RonH
SilverLounger

Windows Monthly Updates

Post by RonH »

For nearly 1 hour, my W7 pc has been installing Update 23 ... is something wrong and if so should I Stop Installation?
Wiindows Update.JPG
I should add that I do not seem to be downloading any files during this process ... I use Networx to monitor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Windows Monthly Updates

Post by Rudi »

I'd leave it running in the background.
It should eventually continue.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

OK Rudi ... wilco :smile:
Will oil the pc later on if it still stays 'stuck' :grin:
I would add that after many years of MS Updates, this is the first that maybe a potential problem ... perhaps its time to bite the bullet and update to W10. Though a big W10 update is being issued so a wait of a few more weeks is probably the best bet.

Thanks for you fast reply.
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Went shopping, closed the study door so the cat could not sit on the pc, returned and it had been installed :clapping:
Strange though, the one listed below failed ... will leave it for now to see what happens.
MS Update.JPG
Thanks Rudi
Cheers Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Updates for Microsoft .NET framework are often problematic. Sometimes they fail because of dependencies with other updates.

You can go to Windows Update and check for updates - the update will probably be offered again, and chances are that it will succeed this time.
Or, as you wrote, leave it for now - it'll be included in a future round of updates automatically.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

RonH wrote:Went shopping...
Now you can say your PC and your fridge and cupboards are 'updated'. :clapping: :laugh:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks folks ... I will 'sit tight' and wait for now.
Spend enough time nowadays updating two pc's, tablet and smartphone :sad: But it allows me to challenge the grey matter :grin:
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.