Windows 7 Update Will Not Install

BobH
UraniumLounger

Windows 7 Update Will Not Install

Post by BobH »

Until now, I have installed all the updates for Win 7 HPE since I bought the OS. Now, I have the update shown below; but it will not install.
Windows Update.gif
I get this error . . .
WU Error.gif
I could find nothing about this problem searching the Internet.

What should I do?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 7 Update Will Not Install

Post by HansV »

I'd let it be.
a) Chances are it'll install correctly the next time, or the time after that - .NET updates are rather finicky.
b) You probably don't need the .NET Framework 4.5.2 anyway.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

I'm in the hunt for Win 10 and thought maybe this was a prerequisite somehow.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:I'd let it be.
a) Chances are it'll install correctly the next time, or the time after that - .NET updates are rather finicky.
b) You probably don't need the .NET Framework 4.5.2 anyway.
Agree with Hans. Have you tried to install again as it suggests?
I've had the experience of having to try installing .NET updates again. all by them selves with no other updates and it seemed to work for me.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:Thanks, Hans!

I'm in the hunt for Win 10 and thought maybe this was a prerequisite somehow.
What do you mean "in the hunt for Windows 10?" If you haven't signed up for it, it should finally show up in Windows Updates.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

viking33 wrote: What do you mean "in the hunt for Windows 10?" If you haven't signed up for it, it should finally show up in Windows Updates.
If a user did not "reserve" the Win10 update, it might take a while to appear. I had originally reserved a copy for my Win8.1 set-up on my main PC and also for my HP Stream 7 tablet.

About 10 days ago, I cancelled the "reserve" update on both devices. This morning I decided to go ahead with the HP Stream 7 tablet update. It presented the "reserve" option but would not allow the process to continue. I get the impression that MS will be filling the "reserve" requests before releasing it for others.

As for my main PC... I am running in dual boot mode. Win8.1 as primary choice and Win10 Insider Program as secondary. I should drop the IP moniker as it appears that the current build is the same as what was released to the general population yesterday.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, the last preview build, 10240, is also the official release.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

viking33 wrote:What do you mean "in the hunt for Windows 10?" If you haven't signed up for it, it should finally show up in Windows Updates.
I reserved a copy of Win 10 for my desktop system. (You can see that I'm waiting for the distro if you look at one my screenshots.) I have not yet found it in my Updates. I was concerned that the .NET update might be some kind of prerequisite.

Yes, I have tried to install it by itself on 4 or more occasions. Each has been unsuccessful and has returned the same error code.

I shall ignore it for now. If the need arises (as I delve a bit more into VB), I might return to the installation.

Thanks for the input!

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)