Hacking by Logs Generated by Process Monitor

armsys
2StarLounger

Hacking by Logs Generated by Process Monitor

Post by armsys »

I posted a new topic here recently in regards of a pretended Microsoft Technical Support from China. They never revealed their outsourcing status. They always claim they are from Microsoft. Of course, I no longer know the whereabouts of all my topics as they are often moved elsewhere unintended by me.
The pretended Microsoft Technical Support constantly asks for a lot of logs from Windows 7. Some are generated by Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). My question here is whether such logs (such as CBS.log) could leak out info inviting hacking. Should I be worried?
Regards,
Armstrong

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Hacking by Logs Generated by Process Monitor

Post by BobH »

You can always find your posts here by clicking on the link that says View Your Posts. This appears in the Portal on the left side of the screen and on the Board Index at the upper right, I think.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

armsys
2StarLounger

Post by armsys »

Bob,
Thanks. I didn't know it. Yes, it's handy. Now I don't have to worry about relocation of my threads.
Regards,
Armstrong

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Normally one is notified by email or a PM that their thread has been moved and to where, There is also normally a link to the moved thread in this notification.

Have you checked the email address that is associated with your user account?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In this case, I merged Armstrong's post with the thread it referred to; this doesn't leave a link in the original forum. But I did send him a PM about it.
Best wishes,
Hans