"New File in Folder" Widget

arroway
3StarLounger

"New File in Folder" Widget

Post by arroway »

Hi Gurus,
I've been searching but can't find what I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has a lead on something like this. What I'm looking for is a widget that will tell me when a new file is put into a specific folder. Here's the deal:

We have faxes coming into our agency which get put into a folder on the server. Currently, we're manually opening Windows Explorer and going to that folder to see if anything's there. We have 2 fax lines coming in which go to 2 folders on the server. We have two groups of people obsesively checking them on a regular schedule, paranoid that they're going to miss something important.

What I'm looking for is a desktop widget that monitors the fax folder every 5 mintues or so. Something simple which displays two different icons; one for nothing new, one for something new. New could be defined by the read state of the file maybe (Sort of like unread emails are bold and read emails aren't). The faxes come in as .PDF files.

Does anyone know of anything like this or what it be that hard to create? I'm open to ideas cuz I'm getting tired of checking and checking and checking this folder to see if any new faxes have come in. It's crazy-making!

Thanks,
Dax
It takes 2 to tango; unless you speak binary; then it takes 10.

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: "New File in Folder" Widget

Post by Argus »

You could perhaps find something useful on this page.

10 Tools to Monitor Files and Folders for Changes in Real Time
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/3-portable- ... s-changes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I've been using tools to monitor file size in real time, but that's of no use here.)
arroway wrote:It's crazy-making!
I can understand that!
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.