VB Script Error

Gloria E
5StarLounger

VB Script Error

Post by Gloria E »

Now that I have Windows 7 (to my everlasting sorrow), I have been unable to install IncrediMail 2 for Windows 7. I was downloading the full installation because it's no longer on my PC. The download starts but is interrupted by the installer with the message Error 2738 Could not access VB Scriptrun time for custom action.

I tried the download with both the custom setup and the full recommended setup and received the same error message each time. I turned off Microsoft's Firewall thinking that it might have caused the problem, but that didn't solve the issue.

I need help badly, or a link to install Outlook Express on my OS. I've chosen to use Thunderbird in the interim but I don't like it. Will some kind soul help me with this? :scratch:

:thankyou: in advance.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: VB Script Error

Post by HansV »

Have you tried Windows Live Mail? It is the successor to Outlook Express, and it comes with Windows 7.

As far as Incredimail is concerned:
- Go to the site from which you tried to download IncrediMail.
- Click the download link.
- When prompted to Run or Save, click the Save option.
- Save the install file to a convenient location - your desktop, or whatever you prefer.
- When the download has finished, right-click the install file.
- Select Run as Administrator from the popup menu.
- When asked whether you want to allow the installer to modify Windows, click Yes.

Does that work?
Best wishes,
Hans