Oh-oh...it might just be back again...

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Oh-oh...it might just be back again...

Post by Rudi »

Classic shell is an excellent app. You cannot go wrong with it.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Rudi wrote:Classic shell is an excellent app. You cannot go wrong with it.
OK, both you and DaveA have convinced me. :thankyou:
ArchellCS.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

StuartR wrote:I'm sticking to Windows 7 for now then. I think I'll treat Windows 8 the same way I did Vista.
Same here, I can operate it (7) without having to send out a search party to find the things I need to do my simple tasks.

Microsoft has this annoying habit, as does our local supermarket, to move and hide things that everyone has become accustomed to. At the supermarket, I just go to the service desk and ask "Where are you hiding x today" where x is the product that has been in the same isle for ages. Can't do that with MS products though :sad:
Cheers, Claude.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Claude wrote:
StuartR wrote:...Can't do that with MS products though
Can't you? I'm no expert with Win 8.1 but doesn't it have a comprehensive search box? There's always Google too.

I had to resort to searching for stuff in these ways while configuring a Win 8.1 laptop for my elderly mother.

I got there in the end but it left a bad taste in my mouth, Windows 8, pronounced 'hate', yuk.

Ken

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I guess it is just the way I work but with the programs I have pinned to the taskbar and the way I can organize the Start Screen I have the vast, vast majority of the programs I regularly reference either one click or one key press and one click away. If something is not one the first page of the start screen I can just start typing the name and Windows will find it or scroll to the right for other apps pinned to the start screen.

I don't understand why this is so much more difficult and/or time consuming than organize a start menu and clicking through a hierarchy to find a program.

Joe
Joe