PMs To Multiple Users

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

PMs To Multiple Users

Post by Bigaldoc »

If I compose a PM to more than one user, I know how to do that by using the find and add buttons.

How about when replying to such a PM that has more than one addressee? When I view the PM, I can clearly see the multiple addressees in the header. Buth if I click on either the Quote OR Reply button, my response looks like it's going ONLY to the person who sent the message.

Sorry to be a pest, but what am I missing?

HansV
Administrator

Re: PMs To Multiple Users

Post by HansV »

In the prosilver skin, there is an option to reply to the sender and all recipients.
x3.png
However, this is not available in subsilver2, and I presume in other skins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Ooh boy, we need to fix that! There shouldn't be a "functional" difference in ANY of the skins. Appearance is one thing, but function is entirely another.

Can (will) you add this to the list of what to talk to Claude and Mike about, please? Otherwise, how can one know what's the "best" skin to use?

I'm off now to change back to Prosilver, much as I prefer the Subsilver...

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Al is too much of a gentleman to name names, but I was one of the recipients of a recent multiple-addressee PM, and I when I replied, I sent it back to both Al and the other recipient, but the process is not all that intuitive.

This was my first multiple party conversation, but I did notice that there was no "Reply All" option, and when I replied, Al was the only addressee. I spent a few moments investigating the screen and (in the Rainbow Pearl skin) I discovered a "Send To" column to the left of the larger "Reply to Message" column. There I typed in the name of the other party to the conversation, but I see that if you don't recall the exact username, you can also click on a link to "Find a User."
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Prosilver is the "official" phpBB3 skin, so it has all the new features.

Mike will probably fix/add some features in the other skins, but the number of differences is large, so don't count on the older skins being made completely equivalent to prosilver - it'd be too much work.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I say with a grin on my face and a great deal of respect that I hope you can imagine...

We need to get WyllyWylly away from his musical endeavors long enough to do some of the CSS (skin) work he did in the old, old (pre-IPB) Lounge...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That would be nice, but you have to keep in mind that a board style in phpBB is much more than a skin was in wwwthreads.

In the old Lounge, a skin was "merely" a stylesheet (no disrespect intended - we had very fine skins before the switch to IP.Board!), determining the fonts and the background colors and images.

In phpBB, a board style consists not only of a stylesheet, but also of a set of images for buttons etc., and last but not least a set of HTML pages with scripts. These scripts make it possible to give each board style custom functionality.

One has to be *very* careful editing the scripts - it's easy to break things.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Oh I appreciate all of that Hans, and that's why I'm trying to convey respect in this thread - because I don't pretend to understand all of those details.

Whatever you fellas decide is best.... For now, I'm just gonna get used to the default skin and move on.

By the way, the "forward" button may be something you Admins see because I don't see it for any of the PMs in my logon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Er, yes, only moderators and admins can forward private messages.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

HansV wrote:Er, yes, only moderators and admins can forward private messages.
Oooh, I'd :heart: to have that feature over on another website where I moderate a few forums. I spend more time than I care to account for cutting and pasting text from messages to "forward" them to co-moderators.
Samantha

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

Bigaldoc wrote:Ooh boy, we need to fix that! There shouldn't be a "functional" difference in ANY of the skins. Appearance is one thing, but function is entirely another.

Can (will) you add this to the list of what to talk to Claude and Mike about, please? Otherwise, how can one know what's the "best" skin to use?

I'm off now to change back to Prosilver, much as I prefer the Subsilver...
With all the mods and customizations I've been doing to the skins, I can tell you so me are WAAAYYY different and even missing things prosilver has. In time, I'll be fixes little bugs like this for all the skins.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanx Mike. That's all a body can ask!

LadyWolf
Lounger

Post by LadyWolf »

mwolfman wrote:With all the mods and customizations I've been doing to the skins, I can tell you so me are WAAAYYY different and even missing things prosilver has. In time, I'll be fixes little bugs like this for all the skins.
Bigaldoc wrote:Thanx Mike. That's all a body can ask!
I don't even know how you figured out what Wolfman meant by that, Al. Just sent the guy to bed :doze: he's been seeing code all night and day and deserves a break... at least so he doesn't break anything in his delirium. He should be wide awake when he does that! :yep:
Love...
KT Wolfman