New topic indicator

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

New topic indicator

Post by BobArch2 »

In the past, the New Topic indicator in each of the forums would be RED indicating a message that the reader had not seen. Has this function been eliminated? I started thinking that perhaps the indicator gets reset when the Daily Digest was sent. However, all indicators are off even for the forums I do not subscribed to.

The last time I was on when I manually turned off all the indicators in all forums had to be at least a month ago. Today when I logged in only 2 forums had the indicator turned on … a single message in each of the 2 forums … both messages dated after my daily digests received this morning. <shrug> :scratch:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: New topic indicator

Post by HansV »

Check out Additional criteria.
If your last visit date is reset when the digest is sent, that would explain why there are so few new posts since the last visit date...

S0660.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

The setting was set to YES … must have been some gremlins that snuck in … not to worry … thanks!
Regards,
Bob

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

BobArch2 wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 15:34
… must have been some gremlins that snuck in …
Alright, who's feeding the gremlins again?
Regards,
John

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

jstevens wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 23:51
BobArch2 wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 15:34
… must have been some gremlins that snuck in …
Alright, who's feeding the gremlins again?
Someone stayed around to feed those nasty gremlins! On the 12th, I changed the setting as per Hans' comment. Then for the next three days the Daily Digest was late arriving. As much as 2.5 hours later than scheduled. I had gone back in to ensure the settings for timing and time zone were correct. They were. Then today, the 16th, the gremlins must have left due to no one feeding them as the Digest arrived as scheduled. :clapping:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The digest won't always be sent out at the scheduled time. We have a load balancer that shifts the time to avoid too many digests going out at the same time (assembling and sending a digest consumes a relatively large amount of server capacity).
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 18:44
The digest won't always be sent out at the scheduled time. We have a load balancer that shifts the time to avoid too many digests going out at the same time (assembling and sending a digest consumes a relatively large amount of server capacity).
Ah-ha, therein is the true reason why my setting had been modified to bypass sending of the Digests. Tis a brave man to reveal the truth … not to worry as I will not tell anyone you set the gremlins free … honest! :laugh:
Regards,
Bob