Cooking forum

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Cooking forum

Post by Skitterbug »

I was wondering - since I am sitting here enjoying a bowl of chili soup at the moment - is it possible to add the Cooking Forum in again? I know it doesn't have a thing to do with computers - other than anyone messing about on computers might enjoy good food. :yep: If the answer is no, that's okay but my Mom always said that I wouldn't know unless I asked. :laugh:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Samantha
3StarLounger

Re: Cooking forum

Post by Samantha »

I'll second that request! (Although it is a bit early for me to contemplate chili -- I'm only just now starting my 2nd :coffeetime: )
Samantha

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

The main reason we merged the cooking forum into the scuttlebutt forum on another site was that there were so few posts in cooking.
StuartR

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:I was wondering - since I am sitting here enjoying a bowl of chili soup at the moment - :laugh:
I have to barge in here, Skitterbug!
I am NOT a cook beyond making eggs and such. My oldest son is a pro chef and I really enjoy getting invites to his house for dinner.
I do NOT like chilli much at all but I never heard it called chilli SOUP. Just chilli.
Is that a Mid-West thing? :confused: :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

StuartR wrote:The main reason we merged the cooking forum into the scuttlebutt forum on another site was that there were so few posts in cooking.
Okay :weep: what ever you think is best. Really! :kiss:

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

viking33 wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:I was wondering - since I am sitting here enjoying a bowl of chili soup at the moment - :laugh:
I have to barge in here, Skitterbug!
I am NOT a cook beyond making eggs and such. My oldest son is a pro chef and I really enjoy getting invites to his house for dinner.
I do NOT like chilli much at all but I never heard it called chilli SOUP. Just chilli.
Is that a Mid-West thing? :confused: :scratch:
Technically, maybe it is "just chilli" but I like to thin mine down a bit with tomato juice so it becomes soupy! :grin: Sorry you don't like the stuff. If you ever come here :yep: I'll serve you something else! :grin:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I think it got merged by at that OTHER site when the new board was made.
I I remember right we still had the Cooking forum, when the current Admins were still looking after things! :evilgrin:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:
viking33 wrote:
Technically, maybe it is "just chilli" but I like to thin mine down a bit with tomato juice so it becomes soupy! :grin: Sorry you don't like the stuff. If you ever come here :yep: I'll serve you something else! :grin:
I've bookmarked that offer in CAPS :exclamation: :yep:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

DaveA wrote:I think it got merged by at that OTHER site when the new board was made.
I I remember right we still had the Cooking forum, when the current Admins were still looking after things! :evilgrin:
But it's true, I think, that it didn't get much use, and I'd favour just discussing that kind of thing in Scuttlebutt.

Ian

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

StuartR wrote:... there were so few posts in cooking.
WELL!
Eggsactly!
I'm with the Caffeine :coffeetime: Kid on this one.

It's not oven that I comment on forum matters, but this really does take the cake!
I've had (or I should say "I had") refrained from articulating my complaint in the past, but since the matter has been brought out onto the rack, rather than shelve it half-baked, I'd like to point out that for too many years, Scuttlebutt members were posting in the Cooking Forum.
I mean, Crumbs! It's not that I'm boiling-mad at Stewed's comments, simmering is more like it. :cauldron: :chef: :wine: :chocciebar: :claude: :bananas: :munch:

Which reminds me: How come so many of our Cooking Forums smilies got tossed into the melting pot? A recipe for disaster if ever there was one.

I'll regurgitate. There is still something wrong with my cookies; I keep getting logged out without my asking.
Unless this new software is allowing moderators some form of remote-control ... in which case I am toast.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote: what ever you think is best. Really!
Wuss!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

viking33 wrote:... I'll serve you something else!
I've bookmarked that offer in CAPS
Careful! She's from OHIO!

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I cannot bear the thought of Chris being without his cookies, as well as Skitterbug and Samantha having nowhere to prepare their fantasy dishes.

SO

There is now an Eileen's Lounge cooking forum.

Have fun
StuartR

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

ChrisGreaves wrote: There is still something wrong with my cookies; I keep getting logged out without my asking.
Unless this new software is allowing moderators some form of remote-control ... in which case I am toast.
When you log in there is a tick box (check box for those who use variant English) to automatically log you in when you come to the site. Have you used that?

Ian

LadyWolf
Lounger

Post by LadyWolf »

IanWilson wrote:
DaveA wrote:I think it got merged by at that OTHER site when the new board was made.
But it's true, I think, that it didn't get much use, and I'd favour just discussing that kind of thing in Scuttlebutt.

Ian
I remember when mum :eileen: first added the cooking board. I believe it was her motherly attempt at getting us geeks off a diet consisting solely of twinkies, :chocciebar: and :coffeetime: and give us the opportunity to expand our palates. I think perhaps it was it's own board because Scuttlebutt posts were purged after a period of time... while recipes are always good.
Love...
KT Wolfman

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

LadyWolf wrote:recipes are always good.
:yep:

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I'll second the recipes and not ever calling chili anything other than "chili." I grew up eating it over rice with crackers. When I moved to the Mid-West then it became this soupy concoction w/o the rice and could be anything from jalapeno hot to so bland you wanted to spit it out. Our traditional Super Bowl Sunday feast is always my hubby's chili which he makes from scratch and is very very tasty, warming and filling.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts thus far and hope to find some more recipes from other parts of the world. My step-mum of 36 years is a true English woman, so I've grown accustomed to all the familiar holiday treats (Yorkshire pudding, trifle, sausage biscuits made with 2 pounds of butter--why my dad had 4x bypass surgery--clotted cream and on and on. Whenever she would return from jolly ole England she would have 3 suitcases full of jellies and other delectables which melt in our mouths. One such trip resulted in the HP Sauce (plastic bottles) rupturing all over the duvet covers she had brought back--needless to say one ROYAL mess.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

StuartR wrote:I cannot bear the thought of Chris being without his cookies, as well as Skitterbug and Samantha having nowhere to prepare their fantasy dishes.

SO

There is now an Eileen's Lounge cooking forum.

Have fun
Thank you, Stuart! :kiss:
Samantha

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Hey Jude wrote:I'll second the recipes and not ever calling chili anything other than "chili."...
Two nations separated by a single language!

When I read "chilli soup" I imagined soup made from chillie peppers. It never occurred to me that it might mean soup made from a different dish prepared from chillies.

StuartR

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

StuartR wrote: Two nations separated by a single language!

When I read "chilli soup" I imagined soup made from chillie peppers. It never occurred to me that it might mean soup made from a different dish prepared from chillies.
If you ever happen onto a chili cook-off then be prepared for some chilis to be prepared exactly as you described--soupy with the nana peppers etc. in it. The professional chili connoisseurs brag that unless your head breaks out into beads of sweat, that it isn't spicy enough.

I have some wonderful comfort food recipes that are perfect for the cold doldrums of Winter time. Bring on the chow~!~!
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image