SQL Error - Duplicate Entry

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

SQL Error - Duplicate Entry

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
Not my biggest problem right now.
I'm sure many of have seen this from time to time. I'd not seen it for a year or so when it cropped up about a week ago, then again this (Saturday) morning about 11:10 EST (UTC-5 I think).
So I thought to start this thread and invite Loungers to post to this thread a short response only when they get the fault; perhaps we can work something out from the timing?

Of course if the software vendors have gone out of business this would be a futile exercise ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

HansV
Administrator

Re: SQL Error - Duplicate Entry

Post by HansV »

That's a weird error - the address bar in your screenshot suggests that you tried to view your own posts, which would correspond to a SELECT statement on the posts table in the Lounge database, but the error typically occurs when adding records to a table (an INSERT INTO statement)...
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:That's a weird error - the address bar in your screenshot suggests that you tried to view your own posts, which would correspond to a SELECT statement on the posts table in the Lounge database, but the error typically occurs when adding records to a table (an INSERT INTO statement)...
Sooo... am I to assume that the next time it happens I should supply more details?
Or is the (Excellent) Lounge Software frozen?

I've had "SQL errors" in the past and it doesn't really bother me; I just use the F5 key to refresh or resend.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sometimes you get an error that there are too many connections to the database. No reason to worry about that one unless it occurs very frequently - F5 usually solves it.

I'd appreciate it if you let us know if the 'Duplicate entry' error crops up again, and if possible tell us what action in Eileen's Lounge prompted it (viewing a post, submitting a reply, ...). Thanks in advance!
Best wishes,
Hans